Yes, she's an Oscar winning actress. And a successful Hollywood producer (thank her for Gone Girl). And she brought pink-loving, undercover scholar Elle Woods and the sweater vest sporting Tracy Flick into our lives. But right now, I want to talk about Reese Witherspoon and her STELLAR sartorial game. The multi-hyphenate has been absolutely killing it in designer dresses at fancy CFDA/Vogue affairs and movie premieres. Reese wears color with aplomb, the prettiest prints and loves a wide-brimmed hat—and you know what? They ALWAYS work. So, for her 24-7 wardrobe skills, Reese Witherspoon is our Glamour Style Icon of the Week. And so, here are the 8 style lessons every woman can learn from Reese:
1. Don't Underestimate The Power of The Bombshell Dress: Reese honored Matthew McConaughey at the American Cinematheque Awards and looked Old Hollywood glam in the process—thanks to her floral-paneled curve-hugging gown by Prabal Gurung, glam Veronica Lake waves, and a perfect red lip.
3. Embrace A Pretty Print: For the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund luncheon at the Chateau Marmont, Reese chose a pretty frock designed by Oscar de la Renta, who had just passed. It was a sweet way to honor him without words—the designer served as a CFDA president twice.
4. Jeans Can Be Totally Flirty and Feminine: For another errand run, Reese kept it casual, but elegant in a floral Tory Burch sweater, skinny jeans, those Manolos, and a Lanvin bowling bags.
5. Surprise 'Em Every Now And Again With a Sexy Look: Hello. For the London premiere of her film, The Wild, Reese stunned in a Stella McCartney gown with contrasting lace, sheer, and animal-print paneling. Because this look is out of her sartorial style box it's equally refreshing and she doesn't need to bare all that much skin to look completely, well, hot.
5. Find The Ideal Dress Silhouette for You: While Reese rocks a pencil or tulip skirt wonderfully, the A-line is her best silhouette. And she rocks it time and again. Case in point: this printed fit-and-flare Tanya Taylor dress, Gianvito Rossi heels, and her trusty plush Lanvin bowler is ideal for a daytime shopping outing.
7. Have a Go-To Travel Look: Then, of course, her chicer-than-chic (but so easy) airport outfit: a blazer layered over a soft gray sweater with skinny jeans and sexy stiletto pumps (because why not?). And a pretty solid argument for jumping on the wide brimmed hat trend this season. It's not impossible to travel in style…you just need to be prepared.
What do you think of Reese' style? Do you find these rules helpful?